Visiting the Battery White Site
Historic Battery White is located within Belle Isle Villas & Yacht Club, a private gated community in historic Georgetown, South Carolina. Residents welcome visitors to Battery White and many are volunteers and financially support projects conducted by Battery White Historical Association. To ensure that you are able to enter the community and fully enjoy your time with us, please prepare to follow these guidelines:
- Access and print/download the 15-station Memorial Trail guide document before your arrival. There is no Wi-Fi at the site.
- Gate access * Arrive between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. While stopped at the gate house, call the Battery White Provost Marshal at 843-514-1850, and request gate access to visit Battery White. Enter only one car at a time, please.
- Parking is allowed on the gravel area under the live oak tree, in the parking lot at the Yacht Club building (1142), and in the grassy area closest to the water (not on the Battery White monument area across the road).
- Restrooms * are not provided for the public. There is no access to restrooms in amenities.
Villas & Yacht club
1142 Belle Isle Rd,
Georgetown SC 29440
- Pets are welcome on the grounds at Battery White but must be leashed at all times. You should pick up after your pet. There are no waste bags provided, so please bring your own and prepare to carry waste bags off-property for disposal.
- Trash cans are not provided for the public. Please keep all food/drink containers in your vehicle.
- Motorcycles/scooters are not permitted within Belle Isle. These may be parked just after gate entry at the tennis courts and you may walk to Battery White (about 1/4 mile).
- Entry into Belle Isle does not entitle access to Members-Only Amenities. You are welcome to dine at Milligan's at The Belle Isle Grill at the Belle Isle Marina. Continue around the road in front of the Yacht Club building (1142) to the far end of the marina parking lot. Click here for Milligan's Hours of Operation and Menu.
* During the Plantation Home Tour dates every Spring, access through the gate will be provided as well as access to restrooms in the Yacht Club and for diners at Milligan's. Pets are not allowed in the Yacht Club at any time.